Nephrologists and Radiologists who place catheters are Invited to Register to Attend
Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) University
Wake Forest School of Medicine and The International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD) is pleased to announce that we will be jointly providing the Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) University for Interventional Nephrologists and Interventional Radiologists Courses.
These courses will run from approximately 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Course Topics Including:
· Peritoneal Dialysis as Renal Replacement Therapy and Medical and Economic Issues of Dialysis Therapies
· Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters and Preoperative Assessment and Preparation of the Patient
· Peritoneal Catheter Insertion by Percutaneous Needle-Guidewire Approach
· Peritoneal Catheter Insertion by Image-Guided Percutaneous Needle-Guidewire Approach and Radiological Salvage Procedures
· Interdisciplinary Approach to Salvage of Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters from Infectious and Mechanical Complications
· Surgical Laboratory Orientation
Hands-On Experience Including:
· Station I: Preoperative Mapping to Determine Appropriate Selection of Catheter Type, Insertion Type, and Exit-Site Location (Live Human Model)
· Station II: Use of Ultrasound in Peritoneal Dialysis Access (Live Human Model)
· Station III: Percutaneous Catheter Insertion without Image Guidance (High Fidelity Simulator)
· Station IV: Image-Guided Catheter Insertion with Ultrasound and C-Arm Fluoroscopy (Animal Model)
· Station V: Primary Catheter Exteriorization, Immobilization, and Dressings and Delayed Exteriorization (Embedding) Procedure (High Fidelity Simulator)
The course material will be delivered by renowned experts in the field.
A similar course is available for General Surgeons. For more information, please visit www.pdusurgeons.com.
||April 29, 2017|